– Excellency Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait
– Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen,
First of all, I would like to express my sincere thanks to His Excellency Prime Minister and the Government of the State of Kuwait for the cordial hospitality accorded to me and members of the Cambodian delegation, and for hosting this sumptuous dinner tonight. I am indeed very happy to pay my first visit ever to the State of Kuwait as well as the Persian Gulf region. I do believe that my visit to Kuwait will open a new and significant page of dynamic and rapidly expanding relations and cooperation between our two countries.
This evening, His Excellency Prime Minister and I discussed and exchanged views on bilateral relations as well as regional and international issues in a very cordial atmosphere and extensive mutual understanding. We agree to have four documents signed, namely :
1) Agreement on Air Service
2) MOU on the Field of Exchange of Manpower
3) Agreement on Tourism Cooperations
4) MOU on the Implementing the Development Project in the Stung Sen River Basin
in addition to seven document previously signed in August last year.
I firmly hope that through the these documents the future cooperation between our countries in the relevant field will be more dynamic and deepened and will expand to new areas, thus, bringing about mutual benefits to both our peoples.
Availing myself of this special occasion, I wish to express my profound thanks to the government of the State of Kuwait for considering to provide loan for the execution of the Stung Sen irrigation Development Project. Moreover, Kuwait is facilitating the opening of the Royal Embassy in Kuwait. I trust that Kuwait will open its Embassy in Phnom Penh in the near future.
Finally, may I invite Your Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen to join me in a toast:
– to the good health of His Highness Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Emir of the State of Kuwait,
– to the good health of His Majesty Preah Bat Samdech Preah Boromneath Norodom Sihamoni, King of Cambodia,
– to the good health of His Excellency Sheikh Nasser Al-Mohammed Al-Ahmed Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, Prime Minister of the State of Kuwait and Madam
– to greater happiness and prosperity of the people of Kuwait,
– to the bonds of close friendship and active cooperation between the Kingdom of Cambodia and the State of Kuwait, and
– to the good health of Your Excellencies, Ladies and Gentlemen here present.