• I thank Australia, […] who, started with the Labor Party winning elections, declared it no longer recognized the Khmer Rouge at the United Nations […], while NGOs from Australia came into Cambodia […] and contributed in field of agriculture […]
• […] Minister of Agriculture, HE Veng Sakhon, just whispered to me that “in the first six months of this year, we already exported over one million tons of paddy rice from Kompot, Takeo, Kandal, Prey Veng and Svay Rieng provinces that are sharing border with Vietnam” […]
• […] the speed of rice production has far exceeded investments in processing and export. As far as export is concerned, we must ensure that rice are dry […]
• […] we have potentials that are already in display and that are going to present themselves in the time to come as I was hinting in 1985 […] at the province of Preah Sihanouk about transferring our development from extensive to intensive ways or to increase feeding capability of existing land areas […]
• […] people could cancel their trips, their purchases of new clothes, or cars or motorbikes, but they could not stop eating. Hence, […] we must turn this crisis into opportunity for Cambodia to expand market for export of food items […] not only rice but also cassava flour, mangos, bananas, etc. […]
Samdech Techo HUN SEN ,
a Visit to Prey Kabas district of Takeo province to learn about the country’s
agricultural progress and a get-together with local farmers, 21 July 2020.
• [...] Cambodia still has great potential since it has about four million hectares of land for cultivation –for rice and other crops. We can grow […] it is our expectation that export of rice, cashew and other foodstuffs would grow […] we are working to move quickly to transform Covid-19 crisis into opportunity in agriculture […]
• [...] We have a demand of 290,000 tons of meat per annum […] we have been able to provide only 239,000 tons or 82% of what we needed […] we have had to promote animal husbandry in the country […] do not import meat from other countries that would impede local animal husbandry […]
• [...] in the 1980s, only 7% of our cultivation land were under irrigation. As of now, we have increased the area by 62%. By building waterways and irrigation such as canals, etc. we have created favorable condition for more fish population […]
• [...] I have instructing in writing to (Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy and Finance) HE Aun Pornmoniroth to reserve budget for internal missions […] such as seminars and training programs in the country and to continue to allow no missions abroad […]
• [...] Covid-19 cannot take away lives of the Cambodian people. It may cause destruction but it may not starve Cambodians since its economy does not solely depend on service sector […] or industry alone. The economic pulse for people to go on living is to have rice and fish […]
• [...] This year we did not take the three days Khmer New Year holiday (in April) when Covid-19 was in its spread. It is now time for the Royal Government to let our people have their made-up holiday […] the Royal Government promised the Cambodians a five-day holiday in return […] I approved the other day the holiday to take place from 17 through to 21 August […]
Samdech Techo Hun Sen,
a Visit to the Freshwater Aquaculture Research and Development
Centre in Peam Ro district, Prey Veng province, 14 July 2020.
Samdech Techo Hun Sen,
Facebook Page, 30 June 2020.
21 July 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen participates in rice harvest with farmers in Prey Kabbas district, Takeo province.
14 July 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen pays a visit to the Bati Freshwater Aquaculture Research and Development Centre, in Phum Bati, Khum Peam Ro, Peam Ro district, Prey Veng province.
Facebook Page CNV
Speeches / Comments
Facebook Page Samdech Hun Sen
PM Hun Sen Calls on World Leaders to Consider Covid-19 Vaccine as Global Public Goods and Stop Blame Game
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, on Sunday morning, called on world leaders to consider the Covid-19 vaccine as a global public goods and to stop the blame game.
The premier delivered a keynote address at the Virtual Summit of “Rally of Hope”, held in South Korea via video conference.
The video conference brings together leaders from heads of state, heads of government and heads of civil society organizations from more than 160 countries around the world.
Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, has appealed to his compatriots to take care of their health in this rainy season.
“I would like to call on the citizens to take good care of their health in the rainy season because recently there have been rain and gusts destroying many houses,” wrote the Premier in a message on his official Facebook page this morning.
Samdech Techo Hun Sen also urged for high...Full story
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen’s granddaughter Hun Pich Monylyna scored the top in World Mathematics Competition for primary students, according to the Mathletics certificate that Fresh News received on Wednesday.
Pich Monylyna is the second daughter of Cambodian Army Commander Lieutenant General Hun Manet and Pich Chanmony.
Monylyna’s achievement has brought the pride for Cambodian children and the kingdom’s prestige on international stage.
Mathletics is an online, educational website launched in 2005. As of 2018, Mathletics caters to 4.1 million users...Full story
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced to resume physical exercise and sport activities in public spaces and at the National Olympic Stadium, according to the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports (MoEYS)’s announcement dated Tuesday.
“As Covid-19 situation in Cambodia is under control and in order to improve the physical and mental health of the people, Prime Minister Hun Sen allowed to resume sports activities in public squares and the National Olympic Stadium, except at gyms and sport clubs where...Full story
The total national gold held by the National Bank of Cambodia has so far reached 36.5 tonnes, said Prime Minister Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo Hun Sen in a message posted this morning on his official Facebook page.
“About a year ago, I announced that we had only 30 tonnes of national gold, but according to the latest figure, we have up to 36.5 tonnes of gold,” he underlined, adding that this reflects the Royal Government’s good management of national...Full story
18 February 2019
Condolence letter to H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of the Republic of India on the loss of many security officers in a suicide bomb attack in Pulwama, Jummu and Kashmir on 14 February 2019.
21 September 2018
Letter of condolences to H.E. Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam, for the passing of H.E. Mr. Tran Dai Quang, President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.
Reviews of Topics from Off-the-Cuff Comments / Speeches of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Selected and Compiled by the Cambodia New Vision Team of the Cabinet of Samdech Techo, March 2017. (In Khmer only)
Statement and Elaboration of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, to Provide Clarification on Border Issues between the Kingdom of Cambodia and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (In Khmer Only).
Main Statement and Elaboration by Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister on “Demarcation of Land Boundary and Maritime Delimitation between the Kingdom of Cambodia and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam”, The Plenary Session of the National Assembly, 9 August (In Khmer Only).