Buddhism has not only made our people spiritually peaceful but has also played a vital role in strengthening order, peace, social stability, development in all fields and maintaining our national identity.
I wish our Buddhist monks and compatriots happiness and prosperity.
Samdech Techo Hun Sen, Facebook Page, 08 February 2020
• [...] women take parts in areas of health, service, education, and military [...] in which they also took part in the recent building Collapse rescue operations [...] and in the UN blue beret peacekeeping operations [...], and
• [...] urged NCW to continue cooperation with the Ministry of Interior on female convicts, while expediting their trials, and seeking them lawyers,
• [...] requested the Ministry of Labor to monitor safety and provide protection from abuses for women workers working abroad, [...] ordered the Ministry of Interior to monitor and take measures on cybercrimes mainly pornographic VDO affecting honor of the Khmer women,
• [...] warned to take measures against those advertise sales online wearing inappropriate dressings, [...] and urged for increase of capacity of female civil servants to hold political positions in institutions [...]
Samdech Techo Hun Sen,
Annual Review Meeting of the Cambodian
National Council for Women, 17 February 2020,
• [...] Should there be CoViD-19 on the ship, would Cambodia allow docking? I am replying aptly [...] I will allow docking the soonest possible [...] could we leave infected human dying on the ship? [...] that would be responsibility of the world as well as us responsible members of international community [...]
• [...] Cambodia upholds responsibility on respect of human rights, first of all right to life, and in this case more than 2,000 people from 41 nationalities on the ship [...] Cambodia is doing for them now works relating to human right respect - right to life, right to no discrimination, and right to return to their countries safely [...]
• [...] I am giving those of you on board to leave for excursions to the province of Preah Sihanouk, or some may want to go to Siem Reap, and we will facilitate them with every facilities we may have - four planes of Cambodia Airways, for instance, to help deliver them [...]
• [...] Hotels, restaurants in Preah Sihanouk province should not discriminate against and be fearful to tourists because of this (sickness). If they are infectious, I am the first to get it. I strongly hope that the Cambodian people will exercise high responsibility as a contributor to promoting right to life, right to free travel and to no discrimination [...] Cambodia has not got much wealth as other countries but we have got heart to save those people stranded at sea on the cruise ship [...]
Samdech Techo Hun Sen,
Statement during the Welcome of Westerdam Cruise Ship
docking at Sihanouk Autonomous Port, 14 February 2020.
On 14 February 2020, I will go to Preah Sihanouk province to welcome them in our capacity as host with solidarity and responsibility.
I thank the World Health Organization and countries whose citizens held aboard the ship for providing Cambodia with their confidence.
Help one another when we are in need, a friend indeed is a friend in need,
Thank you! Peace
Samdech Techo Hun Sen,
Facebook Page, 13 February 2020.
26 February 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen inaugurates the National Road (NR)58 (Chinese’s loan), in Poi Pet, Banteay Meanjei.
25 February 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen presides over the graduation ceremony of the Royal School of Administration, at the National Institute of Education.
20 February 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen closes the annual meeting of the Ministry of Interior.
18 February 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen presides over the graduation ceremony of graduates, education inspectors, master degree graduates and higher-level education teachers of the National Institute of Education.
17 February 2020 – Samdech Techo Hun Sen chairs the annual conference of the Cambodian National Council for Women, at the Peace Palace.
Speeches / Comments
Coronavirus: Not a Time of Fear and Discrimination, but Time of Joint Efforts to Address Global Challenge, Says PM Hun Sen
Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen sent a message to the world that it is not a time of fear and discrimination amid Covid-19 outbreak, but a time of joint collaboration to solve global challenges.
On 14 February at the Sihanoukville port, Strongman Hun Sen greeted the passengers of Westerdam cruise; shook hands; and presented bouquets of roses to them.
“People talk of fear of Covid-19, but for me, I think different. When asked if Cambodia would allow the cruise to dock...Full story
Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen arrived Sihanoukville port on Friday morning, 14 February, to welcome passengers of Westerdam cruise.
The premier personally greeted the passengers; shook hands; and presented bouquets of roses as they disembarked the ship for the bus to airport.
He also addressed to compatriots on granting entry for the docking of the rejected Westerdam cruise.
Cambodia’s Prime Minister Hun Sen will travel to Sihanoukville port tomorrow, 14 February 2020, to welcome passengers of Westerdam cruise, according to his Facebook post on Thursday.
“Thanks to Peace! Because of peace in Cambodia, I decided to allow entry for a big cruise to dock at Sihanoukville port to assist those who have been on the ship for 13 days to return to their country safe,” the premier wrote.
“Tomorrow morning, 14 February, I will welcome them at Sihanoukville as...Full story
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen on Tuesday said that he intended to ignore and will not respond to the opposition groups who tried to attack him on Facebook.
The premier spoke at the groundbreaking ceremony for rehabilitation project of National Road 2 and 22 held at Phnom Penh’s dangkor district on Tuesday.
“I will not talk to anyone of the opposition group. No need to push me to reply,” said Prime Minister Hun Sen.
Cambodian prime minister also criticised owner of...Full story
Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen said on Tuesday that he will attend the ASEAN-US Summit, to be held in Las Vegas in March 2020.
The premier said he is going to meet with the President of the United States Donald Trump, speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony for rehabilitation project of National Road 2 and 22 held at Phnom Penh’s dangkor district.
“I would like to inform Cambodian people living in the US that I will arrive in Las Vegas on 12...Full story
18 February 2019
Condolence letter to H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of the Republic of India on the loss of many security officers in a suicide bomb attack in Pulwama, Jummu and Kashmir on 14 February 2019.
21 September 2018
Letter of condolences to H.E. Mr. Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Prime Minister of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam, for the passing of H.E. Mr. Tran Dai Quang, President of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam.
Reviews of Topics from Off-the-Cuff Comments / Speeches of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Selected and Compiled by the Cambodia New Vision Team of the Cabinet of Samdech Techo, March 2017. (In Khmer only)
Statement and Elaboration of Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Cambodia, to Provide Clarification on Border Issues between the Kingdom of Cambodia and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (In Khmer Only).
Main Statement and Elaboration by Samdech Akka Moha Sena Padei Techo HUN SEN, Prime Minister on “Demarcation of Land Boundary and Maritime Delimitation between the Kingdom of Cambodia and the Socialist Republic of Vietnam”, The Plenary Session of the National Assembly, 9 August (In Khmer Only).